This program’s partner ranches are excited to host a group of thoughtful, skilled hunters who are dedicated to their craft. They are eager to share the challenges associated with agriculture and managing working lands, and they want to help foster an ethic of respect and stewardship in our course graduates.
If this sounds like you—a hunter who would like to invest in your knowledge and skill-set, while having the opportunity to prove yourself in the field hunting on private ranches—we hope you will consider applying for this first-of-its-kind course!
Students interested in applying for admission to this course may do so using the online application below. Applications will be received up until April 1, 2018. Students will be advised of acceptance into the course no later than April 10, 2018. Coursework begins on Saturday, April 28, 2018.
Eligibility for hunters who would like to enroll in the 2018 Montana Master Hunter program include:
- A minimum age of 20 at the time of enrollment.
- No violations of FWP or state trespassing laws within the last five years.
- Verification of having a big game license in Montana for the last five years.
- Only Montana resident hunters will be eligible for inclusion in the 2018 pilot implementation phase.
- The course fee for the 2018 pilot course will be $200. A limited number of need-based scholarships may be available for qualifying candidates.
- The pilot implementation phase will be limited to 30 hunters who are primarily rifle hunters. Bow hunters will be accommodated in future Montana Master Hunter certification courses.